skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Another School Year
That's correct another new school year begins. The last of my children has left off to start on a new adventure into Kindergarten. He's loving every bit of it but he doesn't even have a clue as to how much I miss him. I'm cheering him on but I'm secretly hurting inside because he's no longer part of my whole day. I am no longer the one who is teaching him and I'm no longer the one who he needs to speak with during the day. His teacher plays that roll now and it's breaking me into pieces.
This little prince of mine comes down from the steps of the yellow school bus so independent yet still runs to give me a big hug and kiss. I feel his little hand in mine as we walk to our van and I stop and tell myself can I just hold this moment. Will he always know I'm his biggest fan????
Like I said earlier he loves school and looks forward to his bus ride each morning. So I will continue to send him off and wave at him as he sits with his friends and rides the big yellow bus.

The Big Yellow Bus
2 comments:
I know what you mean about holding his little hand as he comes off the bus, that thought runs through my mind everyday I meet him at the bus.
Sandra I thought that Nicky would have to adjust to the change and that it would be a culture shock. How wrong was I lol.
Post a Comment