Monday, October 5, 2009

My First Giveaway


Do you love music as much as I do? If so you are in for a treat my first giveaway is a $15.00 iTunes Gift Card. Come on join in and you can win some fantastic tunes to workout with or just to throw up on your IPod and sing along as I do.

How to Enter: Answer these questions and cross your fingers. 


What does the sound of music mean to you? US Only!


Deadline: October 17, 2009 by Midnight


Do You Want More Entries?

Please put each extra entry in a separate comment. You will get more entries that way.


* Blog about this contest and link back to me (provide the link in the comment) for two extra entries


*Add me to your blogroll and provide the link


*Become a fan of on Facebook

132 comments:

sheila said...

The sound of music or the Sound of Music? lol. Music makes me happy sad, think, angry, cry, dream, remember. Depends on the song. :)

The Sound of Music makes me think of deer. And that english woman. And babies. lol

Sandra said...

Hey, add me to your blog list mama!!

Angels said...

I picked the right contest!!! I love music, it helps you to express your feelings. I grew up in a home where my mom always played music on the radio. Music makes me think of her alot and I've come to carry that tradition on with my own kids.

Maria's Space said...

For me the sound of music is anyone of my kids saying "I love you Mommy". Total music to my ears.

I have so many favorites but so I guess currently, the sound of music is Taylor Swift which is something I can listen to with my kids.

Maria's Space said...

Blogged here
http://reesspace.blogspot.com/2009/10/i-tune-gift-card-giveaway.html

JC said...

Oh, it depends on what music! Great music to me means energy and life!

JC said...

http://tcarolinep.blogspot.com/2009/10/giveaway-through-my-eyes.html blogged.

Unknown said...

It motivates me and keeps me going. I don't know what I would do without it and it makes me laugh too cause my daughter loves to dance to it.

NGS said...

Music should be pleasant and melodious. I'm often guilty of saying "that's not music" when music is jarring and discordant. Give me pretty, harmony, and beauty in my music!!

heather said...

music is my motivation...to work out, to drive to errands, to do dishes (and dance in the kitchen with my kids while I'm at it)!

thanks for hosting this fun giveaway!

Melissa G said...

Hi there, it's nice to meet you!
Music cheers me up and can start the day out right!

Maggie Smith said...

To me the sound of music means:
*getting pumped for something exciting
*soothing and relaxation
*harmonious reactions and thoughtful expressions

THANKS!
Maggie

newmommyin08 {at} yahoo {dot} com

Steph said...

The sound of music means happiness to me. Listening to my favorite songs always puts me in a good mood.

ms0812(at)zoominternet(dot)net

Unknown said...

If you are talking about the movie, it means that me that it has been a long time since I have seen it. If you are talking about the sound of music, well I love music. I listen to it all the time. I love it.

Unknown said...

I added you to my blog list.

http://lovemy2dogs.blogspot.com

Abigail said...

The sound of music is really the mood setter. I love the different genres to go with my moods that day. Thank you for the chance!!!

peters.ab0124(at)gmail.com

clenna said...

Since I can't play an instrument or sing a note, I find music and anyone who can make music to be magical. It is sounds from a heavenly place. I love music.

clenna at aol dot com

Janet and Maya said...

Congrats on your first giveaway!

The Sound of Music is one of my favorite movies.....hope for the big-boned, no make-up, kinda dorky girls to meet and marry a hunk guy. Even if he does have a bazillion kids, they're kids that know how to sing!

The sound of music plays such an important role in my life.....it holds memories and enhances the quality of my life adding richness and fullness and fun!

mayacarpenter at verizon dot net

Janet and Maya said...

You're on my blogroll! www.giveawaysonblogs.blogspot.com

mayacarpenter at verizon dot net

(I couldn't find you on Facebook, if you have a minute, would you send me a link?)

scottsgal said...

I love music that tells a story or brings you back to a favorite memory or place in time

msboatgal at aol.com

The Bluths said...

The sound of music to me means everything. But it has to be the right kind for the right place. Some music can make you feel really angry inside and I don't like that. Anything that makes me feel good.

Renee G said...

The sound of music means my family has risen for the day.
rsgrandinetti@yahoo(dot)com

Lorie Shewbridge said...

The sound of music is my dad running, or "whoosing" as I used to call it when I was little, to his HUGE record (vinyl) collection to play a song to back up some quote he had just said. It is where I got my love of music from. It is the only good memory I have of my dad. He passed away 2 years ago.

Dolphin Girl said...

Music is beauty. My favorite kind of music is my kids singing.

Bunny B said...

The Sound of Music is one of my fave musicals!!! I love songs with nice melodies and can make me sing along, dance or laugh :)

bunnybx at gmail . com

demmi said...

when you say the sound of music it makes me think of the movie and I start singing the hills are alive with the sound of music which then makes me happy con5459(at)gmail(dot)com

Krista said...

To me, music is emotion. It evokes joy, sadness, anger, confusion, and so much more.

Now if we're talking about The Sound of Music, that reminds me of my grandmother. We watched it together when I was little. :)

Anonymous said...

the sweet Sound of music
puts a smile to my face~
=]
panicxduh@yahoo.com

Rita M said...

The sound of music - in the car: oldies I know all the words to; at home: classical music I can read and relax with -- like everyone else, I guess it depends on the music!

Mysharona said...

it emans release form my troubles and cares.

Lynne said...

The sound of music makes me want to dance, sing, cry it all depends on the song.

Anonymous said...

The sound of music to me reminds me of Anglo Saxon french maids singing in beautiful fields with little blonde children!
Thank you for the giveaway :)
hurdler4eva(at)gmail(dot)com

Elkaye said...

The sound of music helps people to relate to one another and to explore themselves internally.


elkaye[at]gmail[dot]com

Theresa said...

The sound of music is a time machine for me. Certain songs take me back to the most vivid memories!

Lim said...

Music is such a barometer on how I'm feeling. Sometimes I look at what I'm listening to to work out how I'm feeling. The sound of music is the sound of emotion.

Anonymous said...

Music is a way in which my children and myself bond! We sing together, talk about music and even watch musical movies and television together.

rmc1ra(at)aol(dot)com

peg42 said...

The sound of music mostly makes me remember special memories, moments and people. It also helps me to relax and be happy. Thanks so much.

c allen said...

the sound of music to me means happy and joyous, makes you want to get up and dance. clallen at ntin dot net

Anonymous said...

Music is the spice of life..it is necessary, romantic, compelling, sad, timeless..

slb3334 said...

something that cheers you up.

Tim said...

The Sound of Music is such a classic musical. I enjoy the sounds with the children best. Thanks for the giveaway.

ky2here said...

I always think of that DVD extra where Julie Andrews talks about how she kept getting knocked over by the helicopter downdraft when they filmed the opening scene on the top of the mountain.

Renee said...

The sound of music means God has blessed me with another day on this earth to enjoy its sights, sounds, tastes, smells--all of it!

Anonymous said...

It means emotion to me! It is almost impossible to listen to any music, whether you like it or not, without bringing out some emotion

jmcharries@cox.net

Julie said...

I love music-it makes me dance, cry,sing,joy. Listening to music is one of my favorite hobbies.

aunteegem@yahoo.com

magic5905 said...

Music makes you feel. Depending on the song you can dance to it and laugh, cry and get angry. I love music. Thanks.
magic5905@embarqmail.com

Anonymous said...

the sound of music brings me joy.......I can't imagine my life without music.

Sunnyvale said...

The sound of music recalls the musical and all the wonderful songs, also brings forth the old saying, "Music hath charms to soothe the savage breast"

Tamara B. said...

The sound of music brings me great happiness, love to dance it takes me away sometimes.
tamben7996(at)aol(dot)com

buzzd said...

Music give me energy and lifts my spirits

Debbie said...

Music means everything to me. It helps me to feel better no matter what mood I'm in. It makes me feel happy and energized.

Debbie: rebbiedeed(at)hotmail(dot)com

Anonymous said...

Music always centers me. All my life I've much rather listened to music than most anything else. Thanks.

kdkdkd said...

What does the sound of music mean to you? It means relaxation, imagination, creativity, release, pleasure ... the list goes on and on. Music and art are my life.

Jackie said...

The sound of music can be a mood setter. Upbeat, happy music makes me energized...I want to clean the house, or dance. Soft, calm music can make me relax and think. Loud, obnoxious music makes me want to scream up to my daughter's room, "turn that stuff down!"
Thanks for a great giveaway!

mmentor said...

sign me up

Unknown said...

It means peacefulness and creativity!
Thanks for entering me! Great Contest!

Janna Johnson
janna@FeedYourPigBlog.com
jannajanna@hotmail.com
www.FeedYourPigBlog.com

Bunny B said...

1. Blogged: http://bunnymoney9.blogspot.com/2009/10/weekend-fun.html

bunnybx at gmail . com

Bunny B said...

2. Blogged: http://bunnymoney9.blogspot.com/2009/10/weekend-fun.html

bunnybx at gmail . com

Bunny B said...

You're on my blogroll:
http://bunnymoney9.blogspot.com

bunnybx at gmail . com

Where's your facebook link?
Thanks!

sksweeps said...

Ah the sound of music! Right up there with scents to evoke memories! Happy, carefree teen days with rock and roll, memories of Mom cleaning house to classical, my grandmother teaching me to play piano in Germany on a piano built by my great grandfather, my daughter singing in her first choir performance with a group of 5 year olds!

clc408 said...

The sound of music keeps me company on long car rides and soothes my nerves.

llinda29 said...

Memories of the old days

Anonymous said...

To me, music evokes memories, emotions, and can express things that sometimes words cannot. I *love* music, it's a true art.

shevilkenevil1 at aol dot com

Linda said...

I love to listen to music, it relaxes me!
lgrieser(at)sbcglobal(dot)net

joellen said...

It perks me up and puts me in an upbeat mood!

Anonymous said...

Music always brings me up.

adr1001025[at]msn.com

Barbara Montag said...

I listen to a lot of easy listening music.
So music means relaxtion/enjoyment to me.

Leslie said...

Music is escape.

janetfaye said...

The sound of music means happy energy to me.

janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

Ken said...

Sometimes the sound of music can get my body moving, sometimes it can take me to my quiet place. Please accept my entry. Thank you.

Julieh said...

The sound of music means a tremendous amount to me. I can't get through the day without listening to music. It can make me happy, eager to work out, pensive, sad, so many wonderful emotions just from the power of music. honeypie411 at yahoo dot com

jlafount said...

It is the soundtrack to important points in my life

sweepmom said...

The sound of music is a sound that helps set a mood.

Jen lleras said...

the sound of music mean that the hills are alive. The hills are alive with the sound of music. It's the only thing I remember from that movie, and the only line I can quote.

Sandra K321 said...

The sound of music means a collection of tones that put together, with or without words, create a combination that is pleasant to listen to.

cstironkat said...

The sound of music to me is the music that inspires me and lifts me up when I'm down.

TX_Jen34 said...

The sound of music caan make me happy or sad and every other emotion or mood. I love music.

TX_Jen34 said...

Couldn't find a like for your facebook link, so I started following your blog. I hope this one counts.

idahomom said...

Running through a field with mountains in the back ground singing.

roseh2o19 said...

the sound of music is any sound - singing, traffic, a lawnmower - anything

Erica C. said...

The sound of music can be good or bad. Good if I'm in the mood for hearing something and it's music I like. Bad if I'm in the mood for silence or it's something I hate!

rsansel said...

To me, the sound of music means ringing bells, and smooth transitions from note to note. I think of music and nature as being intertwined to create beauty.

Mimi the kitten said...

The sound of music means life and hope, motion and dancing, joy and soul!

Lower Mitten Kitten said...

The Sound of Music makes we want schnitzle with noodles - ha ha. Uh-oh...I'm gonna break into song.

Raindrop on roses and whiskers on kittens...
(great... now that song will be in my head all day...)
GLTA!

JulieMoe said...

It means freedom from thinking about other things!

wendy wallach said...

The sound of music means it is time to get up and dance!

madamerkf at aol dot com

heaventrees said...

The sound of music to me means a transportation to another time or place or mood.

1993wel said...

Music ishappiness and relaxation. It is a concrete expression of "me" time -- time away from family and job pressures.

JillianV said...

The sound of music is great for a long car ride!

jillianlveit@msn.com

momznite said...

It's a way to set, reflect, or shift a mood.

Anonymous said...

The Sound of Music means peace of mind

arla said...

It means pleasant sounds that are all in harmony and enjoyable to listen to!

denyse said...

Music makes my moods change. Love the fast groovy old stuff!

denyse_g@hotmail.com

Susan said...

Yes, the "sound of music" makes me think of the movie,especially how the Maria and the Trapp family used music to have freedom.

For me personally the sound of music is found in so many ways.
My grandchildrens laughter
My husband voice
The leaves genly rustling
The night silence
A great band or singer that makes me feel the music

Music is so many things.

Happi Shopr said...

The sound of music is love, laughter and joy; loss, tears and pain. It is life.

trinitygsd at yahoo dot com

Melissa O. said...

The Sound of music is anything that provokes deep emotion. A child's laugh a bird's chirp, a soft wind gently rocking the leaves. Music is beautiful and sacred. I am a huge music enthusiast. I have instilled a deep love of music in all of my kids and the sound of music can always be heard at our house, in our hearts, from our lips.

SantaFe said...

The sound of music is emotion-no matter where you are in life (happy, sad, relaxing, etc.) there is a sound for it.

Julie Vineyard said...

My kids love that movie, so that's what I think of!

Kidazy said...

Music is my break from reality, escaping in to the lyrics and singing my heart out when no one is listening really gives me a break from loooooooong work days at my desk!

amysweepstake at yahoo.com

Kidazy said...

http://www.kidazy.com/contests/michael-buble-crazy-love-cd-and-more/ blog entry 1 !

amysweepstake at yahoo.com

Kidazy said...

http://www.kidazy.com/contests/michael-buble-crazy-love-cd-and-more/ blog entry 2 !

amysweepstake at yahoo.com

Kidazy said...

Umm I friended someone on facebook called through my eyes but their name was Leslie so I'm not sure if that's you. I followed you on blogger though :D

amysweepstake at yahoo.com

mail4rosey said...

It means a lot of great things to me, but mostly it means that it is 'me' time.

Thank you.
msurosey@yahoo.com

Jen said...

Julie Andrews, of course!

Sonya said...

Music is fun and platy and car trips!

Kathy S said...

Congrats on your first contest!
To me, music is what feeds my soul and my moods. It's what gets me going when I don't feel like doing anything, and when I'm feeling down, there's always a song out there that "gets" exactly what I'm feeling.

~*~lilshuga2001~*~ said...

The sound of music means being able to express yourself in a way that nothing can! :)

AnneTracker said...

Music has gotten me through some tough times. If it wasn't for music, I would be dead. I can tell you exactly what was playing on the radio/cd/ipod for every traumatic event in my life. Music is my escape

pitaharmon said...

The sound of music to me is a not so perfect drum beat and with a face melting guitar solo. That would be my boys practicing their music. After trying other things, they found music, take lessons, and seem to love it. I love to hear them play, however, it would be nice to borrow their ipod, put some music that I choose on it, and plug my ears with ear buds for a while!
harmonden[at]wowway[dot]com

Aisling said...

Music brings memories and energy. I listen to it a lot and love to sing along.

Suz said...

The sound of music means freedom and happiness.
txhottie_86 at yahoo dot com

Liz said...

The sound of music means the pulse of my life.

herrinfamily said...

The sound of music? Anything i enjoying listening to.

Mtlgrl4evr said...

The sound music means a lot to me. I could not live without it, listen to it everyday. Music keeps me motivated when I'm working out, cheers me up when I'm feeling sad, or even puts me in a romantic mood.

Amy delong said...

I love music it means,happy,sad,memories!

ardelong2(at)gmail(dot)com

Anonymous said...

The sound of music to me means: Freedom.

pinkpintobean at gmail dot com

guettel78 said...

To me the sound of music means escape, joy, and artistic and emotional expression and release for both artist and listener -- no matter the genre or style, music is something to lose yourself in, to find inspiration and motivation from, and, best of all, to share with others. Thanks!

gkaufmanss@yahoo.com

guettel78 said...

I blogged: http://slavetoacademia.blogspot.com/2009/10/15-itunes-gc-giveaway.html

Entry 1

gkaufmanss@yahoo.com

guettel78 said...

I blogged: http://slavetoacademia.blogspot.com/2009/10/15-itunes-gc-giveaway.html

Entry 2

gkaufmanss@yahoo.com

Pamela S said...

Music has always been a huge part of my life. From growing up with a father who was the church choir director to a now college daughter who excels in cello. Of course throw in the rap loving loving son and we've got it all! We even have a music room in our house with a grand piano and an assortment of other instruments. Would love to win. Thanks so much! pamelashockley(AT)netscape(DOT)net

Jinxy and Me said...

The sound of music means hapiness to me!

Sandy S said...

I love music! Music means singing along to my favorite songs while riding down the highway. Thanks for the chance to win!

skstigger@hotmail.com

Charity S said...

The sound of music soothes me. It makes me happy,content, and the feeling of being alive. Thanks

charisscharity (at) yahoo (dot) com

phyllisg said...

The sound of music is a gift from God. The movie is delightful.

barbara said...

Funny timing - I recently had "sudden onset hearing loss" in one of my ears and what I miss most is the sound of music. Music was always what got me going, calmed me down.... whatever I needed. And now I don't hear in stereo anymore. It's really depressing

barbara said...

I became a fan of "Through My Eyes" on Facebook but I have serious doubts if that's actually you! But I can't figure out who else you might be. barbarawr

Betty C said...

The sound of music means emotion. Sometimes I will smile, other times it will make me cry. But music always makes me emotional.

Mishia said...

What does it meant to me? Everything! Music is life.bo

Anonymous said...

The sound of music means a means of relaxing after a day in the rat race. It means enjoying life. garrettsambo@aol.com

js22 said...

the sound of music is joy.
Thanks for the giveaway!
email in blogger profile.

js22 said...

I'd have become a fan on facebook but found no link on your giveaway page or home page-Joanne Schultz. http://www.facebook.com/js2222

And I have dial-up so it takes forever for all the stuff on the right to show up.

email in blogger profile.

Donna said...

Music makes me happy.
donna444444@yahoo.com