Tuesday, November 24, 2009

No More Kisses???

It struck me this afternoon that Prince is a bit uncomfortable with extending a kiss in front of an audience. I need a box of tissues please. Today was his Harvest Festival in school and he couldn't wait for me to get there. I only know this because it has been the top of discussion. I get to school and settle in then bend down and ask for a kiss and right then he floored me. No mommy later. I took a step back and wanted to find the nearest hole. I'm not sure what happened becacuse a few minutes later he calls me and I bend down and he planted a huge wet one and then said I love you mommy. Please someone tell me what happend???? This is the boy who is mommy crazy and the most affectionate boy I have ever met. Just last night he was cuddled into me asking if I can be his girlfriend.

Mommy and Prince

2 comments:

Hollowsins said...

My boys have done that,but if I forgot to hug/kiss them goodnight,their world would fall apart.I think it is due to other childrens opinions,and sadly those children probably need it more then the rest.I know it can be kind of hurtful or embarrassing but looking at the 2 of you together,Im sure you are still the number 1 girl in his life!

Lorie Shewbridge said...

Oh, poor mommy... I remember those days. Don't worry, it will get better, when they are teenagers, boys start to show affection again in public, at least mine did. So maybe there is hope for your little prince.
At least you still have it at home, and cherish it now, because they grow up so fast and move away.