There is Prince with food and a his little smile. Right next to him is Handsome and Godess.
October in my town is also known for Fire Prevention week. The local fire department visits our two schools plus two of our pre-schools they do a whole presentation/movie it's then finalized with a night visit over to our Fire Department. The kids love it, they get to go into the actual fire trucks, boats, have some good old fashion hotdogs. They top the night showing us families how they would break into a car to save you and last but not least show real life presentation on how quickly fire can ignite an article of fabric.
I must admit that every year we go and it's a fabulous night. My kids enjoy it as well as the other lovely families in my town. This year I was a little concerned. While trying to light the Curtain above the stove the curtain had fallen to the ground and one of the fire volunteer’s decided to pick up the curtain with his hands. Isn't this what we teach our wee ones not to do? Hellooooo someone throw a bone and get this man’s attention!!!!
Sorry that may have sounded rude but while this was taking place I had to make sure I was telling 5 year old Prince and 9 year old Princess the proper do's and don'ts. So needless to say I will be making a little visit to our department with some baked goods and a whole lot of words.
I truly do love my town and our Firehouse with its volunteers who put their lives in jeopardy for ours. I just want them know the mistake that was made and how kids can truly think for a quick moment it is ok for me to do the same thing.
Other than that we had an awesome time.













1 comment:
So funny. I was standing near Lauri watching this also and we were having the exact same conversation. Good to see that we are all on the same page. If you need some moms to back you going in we totally agree.
The lesson was lost. There were no instructions letting the kids know what was going on and when that guy picked up the curtain we were like, ummmm....hello!!
Then when they started "beating" up the car I was trying to explain to the kids what was going on so they didn't think we just take saws and axs to the cars. God forbid kids are in a car after an accident and need that kind of attention. The firefighters should kids know what was being done so that they know. How scary would it be to be inside that car not knowing what was going on? The lesson was lost on the kids but us parents got a lesson on how to NOT teach kids about Fire Prevention and breaking into a car.
Post a Comment